When people go about selling their house you hear a lot about these magical exciting situations. Well maybe not magical but exciting. It sounds like these people just decide oh let's put the house on the market and they do, then it's sold like a week later. Let me tell you that this does not happen in most real like situations. Adam and I are now putting our house on the market for the third time since we have been together.
I would probably say truthfully though we wanted the house sold, the first two times were probably not taken as seriously as this time. The truth be told this time is very serious, we just really need more space and driving to work will be so much nicer even if I could be just 20 minutes closer!! So the real story of being serious in selling a house....here goes. So those magical exciting moments for us, umm yea they didn't happen or aren't this far.
I really don't think it's that exciting! The thought of living in a constant state of moving with two young children is enough to make me vomit. People forget to talk about that miserable part, and they forget to say we had to put tons of stuff into storage. When trying to sell a house you have to pretend like you don't live there, now let me ask you seriously, when you look at a house unless it says model or its empty don't you think someone probably lives there?! Well I do. I would be lying if I didn't cry a little bit when I came home and Adam told me to take down all of our pictures and put this or that into storage.
Crying sounds stupid but I couldn't even control it. As Adam looked at me like I was growing 2 heads, I just cried and couldn't even tell him why. Honestly, I don't even know why I cried but I was just overwhelmed. Adam kindly did a lot of these major changes while I was gone so I came home and they were just done. People also don't tell you about the hundreds of extra dollars and man hours you have to put into changing your home. It sucks to put it bluntly. I've kind of list my husband as he remodels this or that and though now I look at it and see the benefits I'm still like you can just hug me hahaha! The house actually looks really amazing, not that it didn't before but if I was buying in our market I would be interested probably (not that I'm biased.).
Then the thought of temporary housing if we don't find something we like in between selling a home. I'm not complaining its just thoughts that keep coming up as I realize my once beautiful home that I came home married to, graduated 3 times in, brought home 2 babies and made their first memories is slowly being transferred to just a house we are selling. God will help us to make amazing memories in a new home and I pray the buyers of our home love our house as much as we once did. But in the mean time I will continue to cry and be stressed over such trivial things while we sell the house. I will continue to want to scream and have no idea why and my husband look at me in confusion and wonder bless his heart. Wish us luck as the house goes on the market in the next week with our realtor (who seems to be great and will do what he needs to do to get it gone for us)!
And on a funny note Austin has told most people we are selling our house and not taking our stuff because he just sees us taking a lot to storage. Then told everyone we are going to Disney World, maybe he has it right. We should just use the profits to go on a trip ;-). Who needs a home!?
No comments:
Post a Comment